Sidewalk Chalk Art
Brighten the Sidewalks of Pemberville with your creativity
6th Annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest
sponsored by PIMA (Pemberville Independent Merchants Association), Glass Art Studio, Pemberville Library & Betty Kahlenberg
Individuals, businesses, organizations, families, sports teams, music groups, scouts, churches, school classes, anyone as a group or as an individual is encouraged to enter the Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest in one of six categories. Sidewalk blocks will be started at the corner of Memorial Drive and East Front Street and will advance toward the business district. We hope to have enough entries that we can go all the way through the business district and begin to come back on the south side of Front Street.
Sidewalk Chalk Art Rules
1. Must use your own sidewalk chalk or charcoal.
2. The committee will assign the sidewalk blocks based on registration. Sidewalk blocks are approximately 58" x 60", however they are not all exactly the same. When registering, you can request several blocks or just one.
3. Advanced registration is recommended, but not required. Registration forms should be returned to the Pemberville Library and may be obtained at the library, in the fair book or by clicking here to download and print the PDF of the registration form. Questions to Jane Kohlenberg, 419-287-4012.
4. Sidewalk art must be completed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Wednesday, August 13. Rain date is Thursday, August 14.
5. Judging will begin at 3:30 p.m.
6. Winners will be announced on Wednesday evening after the opening ceremony. Monetary prizes (PIMA Bucks) will be awarded to the winners.
7. Judge's decision is final.
8. The Sidewalk Committee has the right to remove any artwork that they believe is inappropriate.
9. The Sidewalk Committee is not responsible for accidents.