Have fun and add some color to the sidewalks of Pemberville!
9th Annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest ~ Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Presented by the Pemberville Public Library and PIMA
Sponsored by the Pemberville Free Fair Board
Enter the Sidewalk Art Contest in 1 of 6 categories. Sidewalk blocks will be numbered starting from the corner of Front Street and Memorial Drive and progressing towards the business district. If there are enough entries we will turn and go down the south side of Front Street. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun, either individually or as a group.
Sidewalk Chalk Art Rules
1. Must supply your own chalk or charcoal
2. The blocks vary in size. When registering, you may request a single block or multiple blocks.
3. Please register your blocks at the Pemberville Library, you must be registered to be eligible for prizes.
4. Sidewalk art may be completed Wednesday August 16 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
5. Judging will begin at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
6. Winners will be announced Wednesday evening after opening ceremonies. They will also be posted on the Pemberville Library doors.
7. Prizes will be awarded to winners. Children in categories Up to 1st grade, 2nd-4th grade, 5th -7th grade will receive ride tickets, as follows 1st place – 7 tickets, 2nd place – 5 tickets and 3rd place 3 tickets. ** These tickets will be good any day and will be 1 ticket= 1 ride.
8. Every entry from any child to 7th grade will automatically receive one ride ticket good any day of the fair just for participating. Group prizes will be $75-1st, $50 -2nd, $25-3rd, Adult and 8th-12th grade prizes will be $50-1st, $25-2nd and $10-3rd.
9. Judges decisions are final.
10. The sidewalk committee has the right to remove any artwork that they believe is inappropriate.
11. The Pemberville Library, PIMA, the Fair Board and the sidewalk art committee are not responsible for any accidents.
REGISTRATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE LIBRARY AND BEEKER’S GENERAL STORE OR CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE REGISTRATION FORM.