Kathy Burtchin 419-287-4232, Joanne Kessen 419-287-4834
1. Entries in the baked goods class are to be delivered to the Scout Cabin
on Wednesday, August 18, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Judging will begin at 2 p.m.
2. Loitering in the building during judging and placement of displays will not be permitted.
3. All entries should be made from scratch – NO box mixes.
4. All items must be in non-returnable containers and will become the property of the Pemberville Fair Board.
5. Ribbons for the top three places will be awarded in each category. An over-all Best of Show ribbon also will be awarded in both the Adult and Children’s division.
6. An auction of all baked goods will be held at the Main Stage on Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. following Kiddie Parade.
7. Ribbons and exhibits must be picked up on Saturday night after 9 p.m.
Wheat Bread (1 loaf)
White Dinner Rolls (8 per plate)
Quick Breads (1 loaf)
Muffins (8 per plate)
Judged by appearance ONLY
Theme: “Rise & Shine - It’s Fair Time in Pemberville”
Pies (8” or 9” pan)
Cherry (double crust)
Apple (sugar free)
Cookies (14 per plate)
Chairman’s Choice Recipe
Dilly Casserole Bread
1 package yeast
t tablespoon minced onion
1/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup creamed cottage cheese, heated
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons dill seed
Sprinkle yeast over water. In mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, sugar, onion, butter, dill seed, salt, baking soda, egg and yeast with water. Add flour to form stiff dough, beating well after each addition. Cover. Let rise in warm place (85-95 degrees) until light and doubled in size, about 50-60 minutes. Stir down and place into well greased loaf pan. Let rise in warm place 30-40 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt.
BAKED GOODS AUCTION
Purchase some homemade goodies at our auction. Items being auctioned are from the Baked Goods Contest. Proceeds benefit the Fair.
David Fought - Auctioneer
Wednesday, August 18 immediately following Kiddie Parade on the Main Stage.