36th Annual Pemberville Quilt Show
Sponsored by the Pemberville-Freedom Area Historical Society
Pemberville Elementary School
120 E. College Ave.
Pemberville, Ohio 43450
August 18-21, 2021
Chairman: Laurie Householder - 419-494-6705 (please text - I will return your call)
Entries Accepted Tuesday from 3-7 p.m. Judging Wednesday 9 a.m.
Quilt Show Hours
Wednesday - 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Thursday & Friday - Noon - 8 p.m.
Saturday - Following parade - 6 p.m.
Quilt Pick-up - Saturday 7-8 p.m.
Quilts must be entered in one of the quilted categories as stated. Final determination of the quilted category may be made by the Quilt Show Committee. Quilt size is a consideration only in the miniature category. All other categories will be determined by technique or intended use, not size. Please note that tied quilts will not be accepted at the Quilt Show, but will be welcome at the Needlework venue located in the Legion Hall. The only exception will be for the Junior Class.
Categories, Classes & Techniques
~ Hand Quilted
~ Machine-Computerized Long-Arm
~ Machine-Non-computerized Long-Arm
1. Bed Quilts-A quilt intended to be used on a bed.
2. Wall-Hangings-A quilt intended to be hung on the wall.
3. Baby Quilts-Crib size or smaller quilts that are designed for babies and young children.
4. Miniatures-Miniatures are scaled down versions of large quilt designs. Total size should be 400 sq. inches (20"x20") or less.
5. Group Quilt-A quilt constructed by three or more people and quilted by one or more people from the group (not professionally quilted).
6. Clothing & Accessories-This category can be any quilted item that may be worn (a jacket) or is functional in day-to-day life (a purse or tote) or is used in household decoration (a table runner).
~ Pieced-Piecing predominates over other techniques in amount or effect.
~ Appliqué-Appliqué predominates over other techniques in amount or effect.
~ Open Class-Quilts that contain one or more special techniques such as whole cloth, embroidery, cross-stitch, painting or other surface design techniques not included in the categories above.
~ Junior quilts are made by young quilters, ages 16 and under. Quilt tops must have been pieced by the youth and can be quilted or tied. Please note the quilter's age on the entry form. This category is for exhibit only and will not be judged. If the young quilter would like his/her work to be judged, it should be entered in the categories above.
~ Antique quilts are quilts that are 50 years old or older and display the art of quilt-making in technique, form and function. No machine quilted items, please. This category is for exhibit only and will not be judged.
Quilt Show Rules
1. Entries will be accepted on Tuesday, August 17 from 3-7 p.m. There is no entry fee and participants do not need to pre-register.
2. Judging will take place on Wednesday, August 18 at 9 a.m. and will be closed to the public. You may choose to enter your item for display only and it will not be judged. Quilts entered for display only will receive a participation ribbon. Please respect that all decisions of the judges are final.
3. The Quilt Show is to display the talents of our local quilters. This a friendly
competition. There will not be a critique from the judges.
4. All entries and awards can be picked up on Saturday, August 21 from 7-8 p.m.
* The quilt show will be closed to the public on Saturday from 6-7 p.m. for quilt take down.
* All quilted items and awards not claimed by Saturday at 8 p.m. will be held by the chairpersons until a time can be arranged for the entrant to pick up the items at the chairperson’s convenience. To make arrangements, please call Laurie Householder at 419-494-6705.
5. Awards will be given as follows:
* Best of Show in each of the four quilted categories
* Best of Class and 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each of the classes
* People’s Choice
Vendors areas will be available!
We are very excited to be able to provide individual quilters, as well as professional quilters and shop owners, with an area to sell your quilting items! Space is limited, so call early! Rates will be as follows:
$25-Quilters selling their own hand-made items.
$50-Professional quilters or shop owners selling quilting supplies such as fabric, notions, etc., or finished items.
~ Reservations for a space must be made before the week of the fair.
~ Payment is due before set-up.
~ Vendors will be permitted to set up their space from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
~ Vendors are responsible for managing their own space. Vending is permitted during quilt show hours only.
~ Vending areas must be taken down by 8 pm on Saturday.
For more information or to reserve your space, please contact Beth Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-287-4619.